SOUND FIXES PACK V17.4 – ANNIVERSARY EDITION ETS2
SOUND FIXES PACK V17.4 – ANNIVERSARY EDITION ETS2
Requires higher priority than map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.) and AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)!
CHANGE LOG v17.4:
Tweaked sound range for hot air balloons.
Rumblestripe sounds slightly lowered.
Added sound of container port for Scandinavia DLC container ports + any other map mods using this port company. [ETS2 edition] Added road roller sound for roadworks on German highway A7 for ProMods. [ETS2 edition] Total rework of Scania V8 engine sounds for AI Traffic. [ETS2 edition] Reworked one of the Scania horn sounds for AI Traffic + corrected Hz playback. [ETS2 edition] Corrected loudness of German police siren for Europolice AI Traffic mod. Not too loud + not too quiet in cab. [ETS2 edition] Updated def files with custom sound paths for American Truck Traffic Pack v1.3.3 by Jazzycat.
If using older version, the sounds will fallback to default sounds. [ETS2 edition] >>
CHANGE LOG v17.3.1:
Some finetuning of generic/default AI traffic sounds for trucks and buses.
Added 2 new gear grind sounds to array.
Added 2 new environment sounds to array.
Adjusted sound distance effect of helicopters.
Added quiet truck service ambience to Scania and Volvo dealerships in the following cities:
– Goteborg, London, Luxembourg (Volvo)
– Hannover, Manchester, Milano, Stockholm (Scania)
Decreased volume of police sirens from Europolice AI Traffic mod so they don’t sound too harsh in the interior. [ETS2 edition] Added sound for bicycles in some areas (e.g. Lyon, France). Also patched bicycle sound volume bug in v17.3.1 with realistic volume so that they are only heard in close range. [ETS2 edition] >>
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Real interior + exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab depending on how fast you are accelerating and what speed you are in, giving a feel for your sense of speed…
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts to suspension can trigger cabin squeaking and movement sounds of the cabin…
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume of this sound depends on Music volume in the in-game Audio settings)…
* “Bing bong” chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds…
* Reduced volume of garage door sound, adviser message sound and yawning sound…
* New quiet photo camera sound effect for screenshots.
## Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Retro/historic ding sound for while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings can help give you an idea on how much you refueled…
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click and key insertion sound effects for after refueling to a full tank.
## Interior sounds
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, light switch and blinker / indicator / turn signal…
* Retarder sound changed to real retarder sound…
* Real rumblestrip sound
* Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive on to the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations). [ETS2 edition] * Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect…
* Pattering of rain on windshield audible in the cabin during heavy rain…
* At high speeds, wind will sound slightly faster…
* Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or gearbox.
## Trailer sounds
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling…
* Included air brake hose deattachment sound when uncoupling.
## AI Traffic sounds
* More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzz noise and more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds…
* AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience of the driver, a short or long honk may be used…
* AI traffic trucks/buses given more variations of sounds (turbo, engines, gear changes).
* Motorcycles from Jazzycat’s AI Traffic Pack + JLTruck’s AI Traffic Pack given proper motorcycle engine sounds…
* Motorcycles will rev engine instead of using a car horn when blocked…
* Dedicated engine sounds for special vehicles in various AI Traffic mods…
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
## Mover sounds
* Louder volume and reworked audio for a vast amount of moving objects including biplanes, trains (included train horns), etc…
* Enabled sound for a vast amount of movers that don’t originally come with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighter, tugboats, hot air balloons, you name it!).
## Location based ambience
* Prefab (i.e. company and delivery point) soundscape enhanced for American Truck Simulator (includes both daytime and nighttime ambience)…
* Iceland coastal ambience for ProMods (wind, waves, very distant seagulls)…
* Tunnel sounds for some large tunnels. [ETS2 edition] * Suitable volumes of environmental ambience for various map mods.
* ETS2 1.25.2 + ATS 1.4.2. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7 (provides realistic thunder + exterior rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at the same time. Check the load order image included for more details.
* If using winter mods, please enable Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from Options folder of Sound Fixes Pack for full compatibility.
SET TIRE AND WIND VOLUME
Wind or tire noise too loud? No problem. You can configure its volume using these developer commands. Syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)